Hunter: Empire of Lies
Michigan Central Train Station
Michigan Central Station (also known as Michigan Central Depot or MCS), built in mid-1912 through 1913 for the Michigan Central Railroad, was Detroit, Michigan’s passenger rail depot from its opening in 1913 after the previous Michigan Central Station burned, until the cessation of Amtrak service on January 6, 1988. At the time of its construction, it was the tallest rail station in the world.
The building is located in the Corktown district of Detroit near the Ambassador Bridge approximately 3⁄4-mile (1.2 km) southwest of downtown Detroit. It is located behind Roosevelt Park, and the Roosevelt Warehouse is adjacent to the east. The city’s Roosevelt Park serves as a grand entry way to the station.
Since it’s abandonment, the station has been the victim of countless vandals, scavengers, and looters, and has served as a makeshift home for the city’s sizable homeless population. While it has now been strictly declared ‘off limits’ and is watched by the police, unruly teens still manage to sneak in from time to time.